Monday, December 9, 2019

Wake Up Call

I'm scared. I'm laying in this hospital bed thinking to myself "How did you get here Jasmine, What happened to you?" I'm looking around and I see I'm connected to all type of machines. I call out to the nurse and I ask, "How did I get here? Where are my kids?" She asks me, "What's the last thing you remember." I think, "The last thing I remember was him standing on me yelling. Then I think, "How did this start?" 
 It all started the night before. My kids father was short $40 for a hotel room. I called and asked my dad to send me the money because I didn't want to be outside. I had 3 babies and I couldn't bear for us to keep sleeping outside. He was determined to use that money for drugs but I didn't care. The morning of the fight, my dad sent me the money. The Kids father told me not to pay for the hotel, that we didn't need it. But I didn't care about what he said, I was tired of sleeping in the car outside with my 3 babies. I paid for the hotel room and had $10 left over. Instead of me doing what I always did, which was give him my money, I kept it and was gonna buy me and the kids some food. I didn't know that he had gotten high that morning and that I was gonna be in the fight of my life that day. I was abused for 3 years but this would be one of the worst days I ever experienced in my life. It started as a simple argument about how I didn't listen to him and how stupid I was. I never usually argued back or fought back but for some reason, this day I was responding to him and arguing with him. At first it was just punches to my head or face, but as time went on, it was kicks to my back or him choking me. Over the span of 10 hours, I was beaten, kicked, punched and pushed. My children witnessed it all. If it wasn't for his mother coming over to bring us some food and see the kids, I'm not sure what would have happened. I can still hear his last words while standing on me yelling, "F*** the Police, Imma kill her before they get here." I heard the sirens and his mother say, "I hope your a** rot in jail." As I was laying there, I prayed this prayer, "God if you let me live, I will leave and never come back, Please just let me live."
As I told the nurse this story, she had tears in her eyes and she said, "Baby, God answered your prayer, you survived and your kids are doing okay." As she said this, my aunt walked in my hospital room. She had driven from North Carolina to Augusta, Ga to pick up my children and to check on me. My parents drove almost 14 hours to come rescue me. As the days went on, I realized that I was a survivor. I realized that it was God who saved me and brought me out. I keep a smile on my face and when I wake up everyday that no matter what happened, I can talk, I can walk and I get to be with my children.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you ❤️. You have found your voice through writing and Jasmine you are going to reach soooooo many in the process!! Mommy is triple proud of you and more better than me, is that Abba I'd proud of you too♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hard to read and painful, but Jasmine, You are an overcomer, a conqueror, a survivor. I love you, your whole entire family loves you, but that will never measure up to the love that God has for you. This is your powerful testimony. We overcome by the words of our testimony saint the Lord. Be encouraged my dear, for God is strengthening you. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Most High Yah will open a door that no man can shut...
    He made a way of escape for her and she has a powerful testimony and will be able to tell others how ABBA YAH rescued her and He can help others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father I thank you for being the God of Breakthrough !!! Jasmine YOU ARE MORE THAN A CONQUEROR !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,wow,I'm so sorry to hear this awful news.But God ,Hallelujah.
    U are a Queen,a daughter from the most High God,He heard your prayer and delivered u amen.No more DRAMA,NO PAIN,NO FEAR,NO REJECTION WILL TORMENT U & YOUR CHILDREN IN JESUS NAME.JASMINE! U OVERCAME BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB & BY THE WORDS OF YOUR TESTIMONY.Jasmine God's planned & purpose will fulfill in your life,trust God all the way.πŸ™πŸΌπŸ˜˜❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am jumping for joy in my spirit for you! So excited that you have taken that step of faith and kicked fear in the head. What an awesome measure of strength and courage to step out on faith,finding your voice and beginning the first step of your journey telling your story to set others free. Praising God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.... There is more with you and your children than against you... You are an overcomer...All the pain, guilt, blame and shame will pass... And only leave beauty behind ������... God has not forsaken you.... He's got you wrapped up in His arms ��

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm crying reading this right now! Let Yahawah use you boo. Many don't understand, but your voice will be one of the ones that explains it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GOD is good, i been beaten down in the past and had a bad experience i just got out of, I'm glad you and other ladies left and not going back, thank GOD your living πŸ’ͺ❤️.

    ReplyDelete